NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
The PAPÉ MACHINERY SIERRA CASCADE LOGGING CONFERENCE SWEEPSTAKES (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by The Papé Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”), located at 355 Goodpasture Island Rd, Eugene, OR 97401.
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of 50 United States and D.C. who are at least age 18 (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) and attend the OREGON LOGGING CONFERENCE (OLC) 2023. Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win any prize.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion starts at 8:00aM Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 9, 2023 and ends at 3:00PM PT on February 11, 2023 (“Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter, during the Promotion Period, (1) go to the Papé Machinery Booth at reception dinner at Sierra Cascade Logging Conference at Shasta Fair & Event Center 1890 Briggs Street, Anderson, CA 96007; (2) scan the QR Code; (3) complete and submit the online entry form. Limit 1 entry per person.
4. Winner Selection and Notification: On or about Feb. 13, 2023, one winner will be selected by Sponsor or its designee via a random drawing to be held at 15065 Caterpillar Rd., Redding, CA 96003. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified via phone or email. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each potential winner may be required to sign and return within seven days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, tax forms and/or other reasonable documentation. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any requested documents are not returned within seven days, including the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release or tax forms; or (iii) if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Only three alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which such prize will remain unrewarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the stated number of prizes available. The potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions related to the Promotion are final and binding. An entrant is not a winner of the prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. Prize: One winner will receive the following (at Sponsor’s discretion): (i) STIHL MS 391 Chainsaw. Total ARV of all prizes: $689.00. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prize not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for the prize. All costs not explicitly set forth in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Only the stated number of prizes are available to be won in the Promotion. Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. General Terms and Conditions: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF OREGON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN EUGENE, OREGON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF OREGON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. This Promotion is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and is void where prohibited. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Promotion. Sponsor, and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SPONSOR AND THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. By participating in this Promotion, you certify that you have complied with these Official Rules and satisfy all of the eligibility requirements listed above. The use of the terms “includes,” “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting. For a copy of the winner list or these Official Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed, business-size return envelope to 355 Goodpasture Island Rd, Eugene, OR 97401, Attn: PAPÉ MACHINERY SIERRA CASCADE LOGGING CONFERENCE SWEEPSTAKES. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are Copyright © 2023 The Papé Group, Inc. All rights reserved.