We are thrilled to announce John Deere’s release of the G-tier compact wheel loader, a new suite of economical compact wheel loaders built with simplicity and cost-effectiveness in mind. In this edition of the Papé Construction & Forestry blog, let’s take a look at these new models.
The 3 new models and their quick specifications include:
- 184 G-tier
- Operating weight: 10,670 lb.
- Power: 43.6 hp @ 2,200 rpm
- Bucket capacity: 0.76 - 0.92 cubic yards
- 204 G-tier
- Operating weight: 11,541 lb.
- Power: 62.3 hp @ 2,200 rpm
- Bucket capacity: 0.86 - 1.05 cubic yards
- 304 G-tier
- Operating weight: 13,294 lb.
- Power: 71.6 hp at 2,200 rpm
- Bucket capacity: 1.18 - 1.44 cubic yards
Compact Wheel Loader Applications
Built for durability and maneuverability, these machines have a proven track record for improving uptime and increasing efficiency for everyday earthmoving tasks. The G-tier models are simplified as compared to the L-tier, designed to complete everyday tasks in landscaping, site development, roadbuilding, and snow removal. Don’t mistake simplicity for low performance, however; the G-tier compact wheel loaders are powerhouses, but are built with practicality and affordability in mind.
“These machines are not only rugged, but they boast simple and intuitive machine controls that are a great fit for operators of all experience levels,” says Luke Gribble of the John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, “while also offering options that promote operator comfort and productivity.”
New Features of the G-Tier
Some changes and updates we see with the G-tiers include:
- limited slip differential, which is set to engage if a wheel loses traction;
- optional ride-control to reduce bucket spillage when on uneven terrain, maximizing uptime and minimizing time spent on site cleanup;
- a redesigned enclosed cab, with greater operator visibility;
- adjustable steering column and improved ergonomics for operator comfort and safety;
- slip-resistant steps;
- improved air conditioning;
- optional LED lighting;
- 30% larger fuel tanks; and
- some travel speed enhancements, specifically on the 304 G-tier model
Papé Machinery Construction & Forestry is thrilled to begin adding the G-tier compact wheel loaders to our suite. We currently have all of the L-tier suite of models in stock, and have now updated our inventory with G-tier compact wheel loaders. We look forward to pairing you with the right equipment to help maximize your uptime!