At Papé Machinery Construction & Forestry, we want to help you find ways to optimize your speed, efficiency, and productivity. Thankfully with the advances of technology, we are increasingly finding new and innovative ways to marry speed and precision. Looking for a smarter way forward? In this edition of the Papé Machinery Construction & Forestry blog, let’s take a look at John Deere’s SmartGrade Technology, specifically the SmartGrade excavators.
We’ve all been there. When working on excavation projects, we’ve over-dug and needed to do extensive rework. We’ve bid incorrectly and lost money when spending more time on a job than we anticipated.
With SmartGrade technology, reduce labor while enhancing speed, productivity, and project foresight. Plus, enjoy the advantages of increased precision that comes with our John Deere’s SmartGrade tools. Whether it’s automated bucket control, real-time readouts on distance to grade, or overdig precision, smart technology can prevent rework and reduce overall labor.
Advantages of SmartGrade Technology
Whether you’re looking to reduce labor costs, prevent rework and overdigging, or precisely grade in the dark, SmartGrade excavators provide time-saving, money-saving, precision-enhancing solutions.
Some features and advantages of SmartGrade technology include:
- Real-time distance to grade to improve projections and achieve precision.
- Overdig protect automatically detects and protects overdigging.
- Efficiency advantages. SmartGrade bypasses the back-and-forth and multiple passes needed to achieve final grade.
- Virtual fencing with set & protect. Operators can establish boundaries so that the system will alert operators when the boom and bucket approach.
- Increased precision. With excavator grade guidance, even things up, save money with accurate and efficient labor projections, and achieve precision in digging trenches, shaping ditches, or excavating structure foundations.
- Remote support. Stay connected with Remote Display Access (RDA) and Wireless Data Transfer (WDT) to boost performance, connectivity, and support.
SmartGrade upgrades on excavators are available on specific John Deere models, including:
Go Smart with Papé
We want to help you optimize your productivity and maximize your uptime. Interested in learning more about our technology solutions? Learn more about our John Deere technology solutions and reach out to us with questions about how we can help you keep your operation moving at maximum efficiency.