Depending on the nature of your construction job or project, you need the right equipment to get it done. Whether you’re bulldozing, scraping, loading, or distributing material, having the appropriate type of bucket for the work is paramount.
With the variety of jobsites an excavator is built for, you’ll need the right bucket type and parts for the job.
The all-around most useful bucket type if your smaller job requires various tasks from your equipment. Built for a wide variety of applications like bulldozing property or clamping and moving large pieces of material, multi-purpose buckets are durable and ready for whatever your job throws your way.
Multi-purpose buckets come in a variety of sizes and capacities from John Deere:
- Overall Width 67 in. (1,701 mm) to 84.8 in. (2,153 mm) depending on model
- Heaped Bucket Capacity 15.8 cu. ft. (0.5 m3) to 23.4 cu. ft. (0.7 m3) depending on model
- Empty Weight 620 lbs. (281 kg) to 975 lbs. (442 kg) depending on model
As the name implies, rock buckets are uniquely designed for moving and shifting material and clearing debris and rocks from a site. Need to clear out your jobsite before anything else gets done? Rock buckets are the best choice. Rock buckets from John Deere are available to meet the demands of your job.
- Width 68 in. (1,727 mm) to 82.4 in. (2,093 mm) depending on model
- Weight 600 lbs. (272 kg) to 750 lbs. (340 kg) depending on model
Side Discharge Buckets
Designed specifically for moving material, side discharge buckets easily collect and distribute material like sawdust, mulch, gravel, topsoil, sand, and much more. They’re most commonly used and preferred on smaller sites or in close-quarter locations like barns.
Across four different models you can expect this from John Deere side discharge buckets:
- Capacity 0.5 cu. yd. to 0.67 cu. yd. depending on model
- Weight 805 lbs. (365 kg) to 915 lbs. (415 kg) depending on model
- Width 60 in. (1,524 mm) to 72 in. (1,829 mm)
Dust / Mulch
- Capacity 1.33 cu. yd. to 1.67 cu. yd.
- Weight 1,120 lbs. (508 kg) to 1,300 lbs. (590 kg) depending on model
- Width 72 in. (1,829 mm) to 84 in. (2,134 mm) depending on model
Need to reach greater heights? Rollout buckets are ideal for moving large quantities of material in a lightweight fashion, but also achieving elevated heights for easier distribution and travel. Moving mulch from a pile on the ground to the back of a truck? John Deere rollout buckets are your solution. Across three different models, you can expect:
- Width 73 in. (1,850 mm) to 97.5 in. (2,480 mm) depending on model
- Weight 1,170 lbs. (532 kg) to 1,360 lbs. (618 kg) depending on model
- Heaped Capacity 1.19 cu. yd. (0.91 m3) to 1.68 cu. yd. (1.28 m3) depending on model
More of What You’re Looking For
Alongside those four bucket types, John Deere also utilizes other, more niche-design tools like:
- Construction Buckets Great for operator visibility and improved filling performance
- Utility Buckets Ideal for large quantities of lightweight material
- Foundry Buckets Perfect for breakouts through rough material
- Tooth Buckets Designed to break and loosen soil and rocks with efficiency
Whatever jobsite you’re looking to tackle, know that Papé Machinery Construction & Forestry has the right equipment for the task. Whether you choose John Deere or another of our partners, we'll take care of you.
Interested in our equipment and need a quote? Don’t hesitate to contact one of our qualified team members.